Wednesday 3 April 2013

Spring Cleaning

Two weeks holiday from college and the sun is shining! There's still snow in the garden and on the hills, the daffodils have no flowers yet but it seems like a good time for a spring clean and a clear out. After a good spruce up in the rest of the house I started on my Victorian Closet. It was like a game of chess .... everything came out, then got organised, then moved around, then removed altogether, and then it all went back in the closet again!!!  How can I possibly throw anything out. But at least I had a good look at what's hiding in there waiting to be reused.

Whilst rummaging in my drawers I found quite a lot of old buttons. I've started colour matching them and putting them in little jars. I love button jars, they look like sweeties. Here are a few of the white ones:



Then a friend emailed and asked if I had any pink silk ~ answer yes ~ so I've made her up a little package which I'll put in the post for her tomorrow. So that's one thing away! :


Back to playing with buttons now ~ these are the fun parts that I love about spring clear ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment